All of my Windows Mail Folders were empty when I turned on my computer. How can I recover my lost mail?
My husband and I share the same e-mail address. All the e-mail on his "side" is fine, but mine (over 100 e-mails) have suddenly disappeared. I went to the recover site to remove updates (removed several, but not all) but that did not help. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.
My computer has Vista, but has been updated with Windows 7 I think.
Anwsers to the Problem All of my Windows Mail Folders were empty when I turned on my computer. How can I recover my lost mail?
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: All of my Windows Mail Folders were empty when I turned on my computer. How can I recover my lost mail?:
How to Fix All of my Windows Mail Folders were empty when I turned on my computer. How can I recover my lost mail? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Read More: How to Fix Error - All my Apps windows have a little cross on them and I cannot open them?,[Solved] all my desk top icon vanished - making new one\"looks\" but they immediatly disappear,[Solution] All my gb is in data:f?,Troubleshoot:All of my music in Windows Media Player is showing duplicates.,Solution to Error: all of a sudden my computer wont recognize my printer,After installing Internal Explorer 8,After installing service pack 2 for vista, MacroSoft Works issues the following error, " MacroSoft Works 8 has stopped working". Depressing the Debug button causes the following message, " An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in WKSCal.exe ,After installing service pack 1 updates my usb ports at Port_#0006.Hub_#0001 dtopped working.,after installing ati readeon 5670 hd i cant get the dvi quality disply with windows 7,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open