After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze
I recently reinstalled my windows, activated it and installed other programs that I use (antivirus, games, steam etc).
However for some unknown reason the game will periodically freeze then unfreeze.
It only happens for a brief second
However it does it frequently, moreso when I am gaming.
even on the desktop page it does this.
I have no
idea why, I reinstalled windows to try and aliviate thais problem from before.
I have run a virus scan for malware and
spyware and virus but nothing was found.
I was wondering if anyone could maybe help me in uncovering what the
problem could possibly be.
Solutions to the Problem After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU ALL, I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM.......it was my AVG anti virus, after i deleted it the problem went away.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze:
How to Fix After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Solved] after start up how can I see the desktop instead of the start screen,Troubleshooting:After upgrading from Vista to Windows 8 my computer worked fine for a few days and then got error saying OS not found next time I turned it on.,Troubleshoot:After installing Windows Updates Internet Explorer does not open Error,Troubleshoot:After restarting my computer (Windows 7,) from recovery disks, and installing BitDefender Total Security, I can't connect to iTunes store.,Troubleshooting:After windows updates are installed on Dell Latitude E6410, the machine goes into recovery mode. Please help as I cannot use recovery CD as we have an SOE. Thank you Gents,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator