Adminstrator Problems - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer"
I am running Windows 7 Ulimate on HP Laptop Pavilion DV7, When clicking on a link in Microsoft Office 2010 Professional.
it comes up with a message as follows.
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.
Please contact your system administrator.
Can someone help me with this problem.
Solutions to the Problem Adminstrator Problems - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer"
Is the the laptop owned by you or your employer? If the latter you should ask for their help.
Computers running Windows are set up with a User Account structure.
In Windows 7 you have an Administrator who manages other User Acconnts.
The Administrator is accessed in Safe Mode which can be password protected.
Unless you know the password you will
not be able to use the extra powers granted to the Administrators.
Can you please tell us the nature of the link you are clicking on? It may be you are clicking on a link which the security system considers to be unsafe.
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Adminstrator Problems - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer":
How to Fix Adminstrator Problems - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Problem: After a recent update I cannot print from my email or internet, getting Error Line 2107 \"an error has occurred\",Address Bar in MS Outlook works fine, displays web page, but Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: aero gone after restarting and comes back after updating graphics card and comes back to windows basic after restart or shut down.....XC..,Adobe Flash Install Problems Tech Support,After downloading CyberLink PowerDVD 12, am unable to play BD [Solved],a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded