After updating to Internet Explorer 8 browsing the Internet is very slow
Original title: trying to get on home web[age...trying to get from site to site.......................................verrrrry slow
getting to internet home page on connection, getting on other sites
Anwsers to the Problem After updating to Internet Explorer 8 browsing the Internet is very slow
Sounds like your performance is suffering in Internet Explorer 8.
This is most often caused by add-ons that were installed on a previous version of Internet Explorer that aren’t compatible with Internet Explorer 8.
There is a Fix it that can
check your add-ons and settings for anything that may be slowing Internet Explorer down automatically, it can be found here:
Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
You can check your add-ons and settings for problem manually by following the steps in this troubleshooting guide:
(Windows Vista is referenced, but the steps will work on any Windows XP, Vista or 7 system using Internet Explorer 7 or 8)
Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer
If you would prefer to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, this will revert you back to the previous version you had installed.
Instructions to do this can be found here:
How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?
Hope that helps.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After updating to Internet Explorer 8 browsing the Internet is very slow:
How to Fix After updating to Internet Explorer 8 browsing the Internet is very slow with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Solution to Error: After installing Windows 8.1 on Samsung Ultrabook, it now freezes every 10 minutes or so and is unusable.,[Anwsered] after re-imaging my computer, there are many files that can't be opened because of a file extension. is there any site i can get all file extensions?,Troubleshooting:After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, Keyboard number keys and symbols no longer work,How to Resolve - After making changes to my pop-up blocker, my browser will no longer display any web pages.?,[Anwsered] After updating Windows 8.1 canon mx330 cannot communicate with printer,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?