Black screen when booting up Windows
Original title: Black screen linked to UAC and stopped services
Hello! For a few days now my PC has been subjected to the black screen ("of death") and cursor when booting. Boot sequence is fine until desktop should appear and does not. I've looked at numerous boards and I've tried a different ways to resolve and I'm
now stuck. It does not appear to be linked to the graphics cards, recent software installs, recent windows or appliction updates. Anti-virus was up to date and ran the day before all went wrong. Restores going back months do not resolve. Deleting log files
do not resolve.
Current details are:
* boots to safe mode
* disabling UAC allows computer to boot as normal, only to find most services have stopped included all the important ones like installer, Defender and One Live. At this point as I suspected a virus, I removed network connection. Attempts to restart services
time out and are unsuccesful. Computer is basically unusable due to number of services that have stopped.
* Used MS Malicious Software Removal Tool on full scan and found nothing.
Any ideas how to resolve?
My next idea when I get a chance was to try the manual removal of the Win32/Conficker virus, which appears to have a similar effect on a PC. This should have been caught/fixed by the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and is rather long at 28 steps!
Anwsers to the Problem Black screen when booting up Windows
It seems that Windows Live One Care expiring caused my PC to implode and waste a whole week trying to determine what went wrong.
Solution is posted here - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/6bffa2d1-b281-4ea7-8356-77da7a46877c
I simply reset the clock to back before the date of issues, uninstalled One Care, installed MS Essentials and reset the clock back to present date.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Black screen when booting up Windows
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Black screen when booting up Windows:
How to Fix Black screen when booting up Windows with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Autologon and AutoLogonCount Parameters for Windows Unattended Setup Error Fixer,How To Resolve Cyberbit Unicode Font Does Not Return Correct Charset Problem,How To Use the Office Profile Wizard to Create an OPS File in Office XP Error Fixer,Error Sys Msg 22 Invalid period, please reenter. in MC in 4.x Solution,Why am I Getting a Upgrades from 3.01 to 3.60 or 3.01 to 3.70 Involving Serial Numbers and Revaluations Are Overstating the Valuation Entries on the Purchases Error?,How Can I Fix - Error 16389?,How to Fix - Internetopen?,Mcafee Virus Scan Online,How Can I Fix - Qos Packet Scheduler Failed?,Solution to Problem: Windows 2000 Boot Repair,How to Fix ashoutxt.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix cxcore096.dll Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,msde.dll Corrupted - How to Resolve,psizewizres.dll Corrupted - How to Fix,How to Download ASUS XGI Compatible Super VGA Driver Package Version R1.13.00/Driver Version 220.127.116.110 for Windows XP 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2003 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Vista 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2008 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows 7 32/64 bit(WHQL),Window,Download NeoMagic® MagicMedia 256AVP Display Adapter Driver,Download NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64,How to Update Realtek ALC850 AC'97 Driver V18.104.22.16800 WHQL for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.,How to Update Realtek LAN V6.203.0214.2008,Microsoft.PowerShell.GraphicalHost.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Netapi32 (4).dll
,Qa_auth_client.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Tdc (3).ocx
,Vwipxspx.dll Error Code Fixer
,Way to Download Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q832 Intel Wireless LAN Driver v.22.214.171.124.0.s64_wCAT,Download Toshiba Satellite C650D-ST6N02 Assist Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L645-S4026RD Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640202 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite L755-S9511D Assist Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 Fingerprint Utility v.2.0.0001.000408 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix - bad sound on notebook Asus after upgrading to Win 7, looks like drivers are not working properly. Did reinstall drivers, but same problem. Please advise anyone. Thank you?,battery not charging help please Tech Support,[Solution] BCC as a default field when composing email in Windows Mail,[Anwsered] beginning two weeks ago windows 7 began freezing and crashing..,Bckgzm.exe-system error: the program cant start because opencl.dll is missing from your computer.try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Tech Support