Built in webcam does not work in HP Pavilion G7 2220US
Original Title: Hp Pavilion G7 2220us - Windows 8
My issue deals with the built-in webcam.
Its not working with youcam program win8 OS comes with.
ive tried updating the driver, and nothing seems to be working.
How can I get me built-in webcam to work with win8? Please help and thanks in advance!
Solutions to the Problem Built in webcam does not work in HP Pavilion G7 2220US
1. Is this issue specific to Youcam program?
2. Do you receive any error message/code?
Can you go to device manager by Pressing Windows key + X, then go under the section that says imaging devices and tell me if the webcam shows up there.
Also, check and see if there's any type of exclamation mark next to
I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the HP Pavilion Webcam driver in from manufacturer website and then check if this fixes the issue.
Uninstall the webcam driver from “Device Manager”.
a) Press “Windows key + W” from the keyboard.
b) Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit
c) Search for “Webcam” from the list of devices.
d) Right click on your “Webcam” and then select “Uninstall”.
e) Restart the computer for changes to take effect.
f) Download the “HP Pavilion Webcam driver” from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
Let us know the status of the issue.
If you need further assistance, please post back.
We will be glad to help you.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Built in webcam does not work in HP Pavilion G7 2220US:
How to Fix Built in webcam does not work in HP Pavilion G7 2220US with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Tech Support: BSOD after sleeping mode,How to Fix - CADKEY99 DOES NOT WORK?,Calculate discount percentage and tax value (final values),Solution to Error: Buffer Overrun,Troubleshoot:Bootmgr missing in Windows 7 - I don't have the right Installation disc,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work