adding an email address How do I add that live.com address to outlook
I have switched to Outlook 2013 and successfully have my old msn.com account moved.
I had a second email address with msn, so I could have a professional address as well as a friends only address.
How do I add that live.com address to outlook?
Solutions to the Problem adding an email address How do I add that live.com address to outlook
Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community.
I will assist you with the query you have with Outlook 2013.
Before we start with the troubleshooting steps I need some details:
What happens when you try to add the Windows Live account in Outlook 2013?
Do you get any error message and how are you trying to add the account, using the Auto setup or manually configuring the account?
Outlook 2013 no longer uses outlook connector to configure the Windows live email accounts; it uses Exchange Active Sync (EAS) protocol.
EAS will sync mail, calendar, contacts and tasks from your Outlook.com account.
You may refer to Robert’s post in the link below, to know how to configure the Hotmail account:
I hope the above suggestions helps resolve the issue.
If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error adding an email address How do I add that live.com address to outlook has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: adding an email address How do I add that live.com address to outlook:
How to Fix adding an email address How do I add that live.com address to outlook with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: After hibernation or at start up, all applications take time to respond. Tech Support,How to Fix Problem - Aero stopped working and now does not appear?,Tech Support: Administrative tools issue,How Can I Fix - Adding a zero in front of a number?,After getting a Blue Screen error, I cannot start XP Mode, get error \"The virtual machine could not be registered because the configuration file does not exist\" Tech Support,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded