Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[Solution] A "Patch" trys to attach to an "Uninstalled" program on every boot. How can I stop this?

A "Patch" trys to attach to an "Uninstalled" program on every boot. How can I stop this?

I installed a freeware game.  I didn't like it so I uninstalled it.  Apparently a related "Pre-Patch.exe" file automatically downloaded at some point.
Now, every time I boot, I get a window asking if I want to install the patch.
I say no, but it asks me again next time I boot. 
I went to my Notifications Icons Area and the PrePatch showed up as "GOA Patch (connect)".
I set it for "Hide icon and notifications", but it still shows up on every boot. 
The original program no longer shows up on Control Panel, but the patch is still trying to attach itself.  How can I stop this?  Thanks in advance!

Solutions to the Problem A "Patch" trys to attach to an "Uninstalled" program on every boot. How can I stop this?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

You might try going to Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > System Configuration (or just type "system configuration" in the Search programs and files box immediately above the Start button) and look at the items in the Startup tab.  If you see
something with a similar name or Manufacturer name, remove the checkmark beside it to disable it and see if you still get the error when you reboot.

Run CHKDSK
  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: A "Patch" trys to attach to an "Uninstalled" program on every boot. How can I stop this?:

How to Fix A "Patch" trys to attach to an "Uninstalled" program on every boot. How can I stop this? with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: a window comes up and says the item \"AutoRecovery save of Document2.asd\" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.,Solution to Error: About the eHome infrared trasciever,Troubleshoot:Accidentally uninstalled Roxio DVD burner Error,How to Fix Problem - A running App does not show when mouse moved to corner after upgrade to windows 8.1?,Troubleshoot:access virtual drive C through host,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up

No comments:

Post a Comment