8gb of Ram installed in a Windows 7 64bit shows 3.12 gb usable
I have 8gb of Ramin installed in a Windows 7 64bit system.
It shows usable memory 3.12gb.
I was under the impressioni that Win7 64bit can allocate 8gb of Ram?
Anwsers to the Problem 8gb of Ram installed in a Windows 7 64bit shows 3.12 gb usable
If you have 64 bit Windows 7 memory remapping must be turned on in the BIOS.
Also make sure your motherboard supports the amount of RAM you have installed, and that the RAM is properly connected to the motherboard.
The usable memory may be less than the installed memory on Windows 7-based computers:
Memory Remapping For Over 4GB Of RAM
BIOS - How to Enter the BIOS
Every computer is different, when you first turn on the computer it should tell you what button to push to enter the BIOS.
It's usually one of the following and you must push it within the first 5 seconds: F1 F2 F10 F12 ESC DEL
Once in the BIOS you have to find the menu with memory remapping, it's different on each computer.
Enable the memory remapping feature
Check the BIOS settings to see whether the memory remapping feature is enabled.
Memory remapping gives Windows access to more memory.
You can enable the memory remapping feature in the BIOS by booting to the system setup.
See the User's Guide for your
computer for instructions on how to boot to system setup on your computer.
The name for the memory remapping feature may be different for different hardware vendors.
This can be listed as memory remapping, memory extension, or something similar.
Be aware that
your computer may not support the memory remapping feature.
32 bit and 64 bit Windows frequently asked questions:
Windows 7 64 bit Support:
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 8gb of Ram installed in a Windows 7 64bit shows 3.12 gb usable:
How to Fix 8gb of Ram installed in a Windows 7 64bit shows 3.12 gb usable with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Acrobat Reader version 9.2 opens PDF file but garbled,Solution to Error: AC Adapter Warning Message - use a high performance AC Adapter,Tech Support: add menu bar,file,edit,ect,8007046 is the error code that I get when i try to install windows updates. I keep trying but it's not working and I can't figure out how to fix this. [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: Accessing files without logging in?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up