Add value of specifc cell in every worksheet in a folder - Office 2007
I have 350 XL files/workbooks for which I need to sum the total value of the same cell in every file. The cell location in each file is identical and no blanks exist in any of the files.
All files are in the same folder.
Each file/workbook has only 1 worksheet.
The worksheet in every file has the same name
Folder example would be C:/user/files
File/workbook names would be File1, File2, File3
Tab/worksheet name would be worksheet
Specific cell to add A1
Is there a relatively simple formula or code to do this? Any and all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for your time.
Anwsers to the Problem Add value of specifc cell in every worksheet in a folder - Office 2007
Not extensively tested but try this
Dim MyTot As Long
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Change this to your directory
MyPath = "C:\"
ActiveFile = Dir(MyPath & "*.xls")
Do While ActiveFile <> ""
If Left(ActiveFile, 5) Like "File" & "#" Then
Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & ActiveFile
MyTot = MyTot + Sheets("Worksheet").Range("A1").Value
ActiveFile = Dir()
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Add value of specifc cell in every worksheet in a folder - Office 2007:
How to Fix Add value of specifc cell in every worksheet in a folder - Office 2007 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: ,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded