Advance filter using wildcards returns all rows
I am new to advanced filtering so would appreciate guidance from those who are expert at this.
I have two worksheets in the one work book. The sheet that holds the data is entitled BAS and the destination sheet is entitled BAS HE
In the first sheet, the range N5:N1431 has a range of 10-12 digit codes and I want to capture only those codes that contain BB102 within them, so need to use wildcards.
In the first row under the headers (exactly the same) on BAS HE under column N, I have typed *BB102*, however all rows are reproduced, not just the ones with codes that contain the sought content.
The advance filter looks like this:
List range: BAS!$A$5:$Q$1431
Criteria Range: BAS!Criteria
Copy to: 'BAS HE'!$A$4
I have looked up various 'how to' articles but can't figure out what I am doing wrong? Your help would be much appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Advance filter using wildcards returns all rows
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Advance filter using wildcards returns all rows
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Advance filter using wildcards returns all rows:
How to Fix Advance filter using wildcards returns all rows with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: After Clean Install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Windows is not recognizing my Wireless Adapter?,Solution to Error: After checking Windows 7 PC for viruses, none were found but experiencing freezes and unexpected shutdowns,How to Resolve - Adobe Flash Player does not install?,Fast Solution to Error: Aero Themes and Windows Media Player on dual displays,How to Fix - Adding 6 hours automatically to employees on a list and reinserting them into the same list, alphabetically, skipping employees w\/60 hours or more???????,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded