Access rights to new hard drive- unable to format new hard drive
I recently installed a new internal hard drive on my system. Windows 7 detects the device but I can not format the drive or store any files on it. When I try to format I get and error message stating that I do not have access right to the device. When
I click on properties and try to change the access right to the device I get a message saying that I can not change the rights. I am signed onto the computer as the administrato.
Anwsers to the Problem Access rights to new hard drive- unable to format new hard drive
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Access rights to new hard drive- unable to format new hard drive:
How to Fix Access rights to new hard drive- unable to format new hard drive with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: A formula to find the first non empty cell in a range,Solution to Error: A scroll bar appears next to my cursor and starts automatically scrolling up and down the screen. How do I turn this off or get rid of it completely?,How Can You Fix - Add 4 weeks to a date with autofill??,A disk read error occurred, press Ctrl Alt Del to restart.,How to Fix - A user deleted freecell.exe from his Windows 7 Professional computer and now wants it back.?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up