18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!
I have XP and after running a maintenance "disk cleanup" on my C drive, Outlook Express 6.0 lost the last 18 months of my Inbox. No emails from any other folders were missing, just my Inbox.
They weren't in the deleted file and I didn't think to check my
recycle bin. I did a Restore on my computer, which didn't help. Is there any way to recover those lost emails? There is nothing in the Recycle bin now. I went to the message Store in OE, clicked on the Inbox.dbx file and got the message "windows cannot
open this file .
" I really need to recover those emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(After reading the advice to others, I will save my emails elsewhere from now on).
Anwsers to the Problem 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup! in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup! still comes up.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!:
How to Fix 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup! with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Read More: [Solved] 1 GB Network Adaptor for Windows 7,How to Resolve - 32-bit & 64-bit Internet Explorer installed on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC. When 64-bit IE not open, clicking URL from Microsoft Outlook or icon on desktop accesses 32-bit IE by default, causing error. How default to 64-bit IE??,12-18 hours, my computer stops responding. Tech Support,How to Fix - 4.7 gb DVD-RAM disks OK, 2.6 gb will not read?,Troubleshooting:2 seagate drives will not be installed by windows when they are plug and play drives. Error,2 GB of undeletable temporary files,6.5 windows mobile emulator will not sync with win 7 professional,3rd party program will not install.,500 Internal Privoxy Error,32bit vista computer won't work with juno needs triedit.dll ???