defragmenting of "system" disc that is 19% fragmented
Able to defrag the "C" Disc but when I click on the "System" Disc it will not allow me to initiate "analyze" nor
"Defragment" of the "System" disc. At 80 yrs of age I thought of trying the "Answer Desk" and their input was to leave the computer on overnight and allow the Defragmenting process to run. Hah. Did not resolve defragmenting the 19% of "System" disc fragmentation.
Cannot afford the cost associated with the "Answer Desk" due to fixed income. Note: Fix your computers before you reach 80 years of age cause no one wishes to help.
Anwsers to the Problem defragmenting of "system" disc that is 19% fragmented
A good number of the people providing help here are close to that age -- and may be some older! Regarding the defrag of the System disc I would leave it alone and not worry about it. On my Dell computer it doesn't even show up in Disk Defragmenter.
Following is one discussion from the HP Forum that may help:
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error defragmenting of "system" disc that is 19% fragmented
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: defragmenting of "system" disc that is 19% fragmented:
How to Fix defragmenting of "system" disc that is 19% fragmented with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix Error - Date problem with emails received in Internet Explorer.?,default font associated with script Tech Support,Fast Solution to Problem: denon midi controller usb issues,How Can I Fix - data execution prevention error?,Troubleshooter of Error: Dell Inspiron n7110 graphics and gaming graphics problems and screen resolution problems