Display Hidden Headings in TOC
I'm using Word 2007.
I want to create a single-source document.
It has two audiences (facilitators and participants).
I've used a style to hide all the text that the facilitator needs to have displayed/printed.
All the participant text uses Normal and regular
I've got everything working, including putting hidden tables in text boxes so that the empty table cells do
not appear unless Display Hidden Text is toggled on.
I've run into a serious snag when it comes to the Table of Contents (TOC).
The hidden text headings do
not appear in the TOC when the "Display Hidden Text" check box is selected and I update the TOC.
It is making me crazy.
I need to be able to have the TOC show the contents of the facilitator's guide when hidden text is toggled on and have it hidden when hidden text is toggled off.
I know I need to update the entire contents of the TOC between toggles.
But it just is not happening.
I've looked at the few posts out there and nothing seems to address the issue.
TC codes are not an option as the users of my template are not sophisticated enough and don't want to know how to use them.
It is difficult enough to get them to insert tables into text boxes.
Without this functionality, my hopes of a single-source
document may disappear.
I find it weird that I have to create a text box to insert hidden tables so that empty cells
don't appear when Display Hidden Text is toggled off and that I cannot get the hidden heading styles
to appear when Display Hidden Text is toggled on.
Any help would be appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Display Hidden Headings in TOC
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Display Hidden Headings in TOC
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Display Hidden Headings in TOC:
How to Fix Display Hidden Headings in TOC with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 126.96.36.19928,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.188.8.131.5233,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.184.108.40.20647,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Disk Cleanup - log results?,Troubleshoot:docs open but cannot click on them Error,Troubleshooting:Division in each cell of entire column?,Troubleshooting:Display paragraph of text based on value selected in combo (Word 2010) Error,DRIVE C TO DRIVE F, NOT WORKKING. Tech Support,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)