Cannot connect to Online Help
Whenever I search for help, I get the message "You are not connected to Online Help". I have set the Options so that I SHOULD be. There is nothing wrong with my Internet connection and this happens all the time. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials
and I would expect Windows Firewall to let it's own program communicate. I changed my router and had Online Help for about a day. When my computer downloaded the latest update from Windows, (which was just supposed to be a verification program -- my copy
of Windows 7 is legit, I got Vista with this computer and upgraded to Windows 7 through Hewlet Packard), Online Help stopped working. I did a System Restore to before I installed the update and Online Help was back. I downloaded the Windows Cleanup Utility
and got rid of what was left of a previously installed version of Symantec Internet Security, and Online Help was gone again. I tried doing a System Restore to before I downloaded and used the Cleanup Utility, but now Online Help won't come back. What change
are these programs making that affects my ability to use Online Help, and how do I fix it?
Keys to the Problem Cannot connect to Online Help
I suggest you to follow my suggestions mentioned in the below which talks about the similar issue:
Online Help and Support Not Working
If this doesn’t help, would suggest you to perform a system restore from WinRE (Windows recovery Environment) and check.
To access the System Recovery Options menu:
If you have a Windows 7 installation disc, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc.
If you do not restart your computer from the disc, the option to repair your computer will not appear.
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.
2. Do one of the following:
· If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
You need to press F8 before the
Windows logo appears.
If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the
Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
· If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight
Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)
4. Select a keyboard layout, and then click
5. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.
Means select System restore option.
For more information, refer the below link:
Savan – Microsoft Support.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Cannot connect to Online Help:
How to Fix Cannot connect to Online Help with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Best Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607 Speech System v.1.00.2520 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S9511D Face Recognition v.3.1.17 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5106BN Media Controller Plug-in v.220.127.116.11 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4281RM PC Health Monitor v.18.104.22.168 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite Pro U500-EZ1321 Web Camera Application v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.126.96.36.19986,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.188.8.131.520,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.184.108.40.2069,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.220.127.116.115,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: [Solution] Cannot connect to Microsoft.com - Other security software's websites also cannot be found,How Can You Fix - Cannot connect to Network Printer. Error - suitable driver not found.?,Solution to Error: Cannot delete Restore Points,Troubleshoot:Cannot load data from either E or F floppy drives on HP desktop Error,cannot fix microsoft word and click to run application,Can't download PP templates automatically to Windows 7 w/IE 8,Can't change drive letter - Vista,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?